Big Sale Is On - UPDATED 03-26-26

The Big Sale is on but not like originally planned, it is a by appointment type of thing now. Be sure to call before you come to make sure the day isn't already full with peeps scheduled to come in, and make sure what you want is still available.

New Wheel Horse Engine Testing Station

  • Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Sep 2026 09:42 #19160 by Geno
My neighbor was here yesterday and got to catch  a glimpse of my craziness at work lol.   

To finish up the last 3 pallets of engines most of these need to be tested.  A lot of them are tagged rebuilt and I think a lot of others are good. I've been wanting to do this for a long time so to finish up going through the last 3 pallets of engines, or testing future engines it seemed like a good time to do this.  

This setup will be much like the 12V test bench I built over 35 years ago.  In addition to running an engine on it to hear it run, any part that it takes to run an engine will be able to be substituted to test it.  It will be able to test, regulators, starter solenoids, starters, coils, ignition switches, or anything else engine related by just unhooking the part in the tester and hooking up another part.  I'll keep a good engine close to it to test carbs and other things as well.  

I started on it yesterday and in true Wheel Horse form it will be made from Wheel Horse parts like the rearend/tiller/anything with a pulley tester.  

I'll make another post with more details once I get some pics but here's the beginning of some of the parts that will be used.



 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Sep 2026 09:44 #19161 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Wheel Horse Engine Testing Station
Got out a B-80 long fuel tank mount and will be using a smaller plastic tank from a 308 tractor.  That will make room to put the starter solenoid, coil, and regulator at the end of the bracket so they will be easy to get to.  The end of the bracket was flattened out and holes punched to hold those 3 pieces.  

There was a little rough C-160 tower in the back that will be cut down and used to hold the fuel tank + dash pieces.  The tig welded up dash housing is off of Scott's Air Horse restore from back in Jan 2016, his tractor got a new one.  There was a big rectangular hour gauge hole there so it took a lot to fill it.  It's been sitting here for over 10 years but I knew one day I would find a use for it.  I do keep everything for some reason but on the other hand I always seem to find uses for these things...  

Everything was blasted + put together yesterday to check it all out.  Today it will get wired up, then took back apart and painted so it can dry over the weekend.  

 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds