Big Sale Is On - UPDATED 03-26-26

The Big Sale is on but not like originally planned, it is a by appointment type of thing now. Be sure to call before you come to make sure the day isn't already full with peeps scheduled to come in, and make sure what you want is still available.

Wheel Horse Steering Shaft Covers

  • Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Sep 2026 09:11 #19159 by Geno
Wheel Horse Steering Shaft Covers was created by Geno
When restoring Carson's C-121 it needed a new steering shaft cover.  I had 4 of them NOS in the back but the parts from Wheel Horse were pretty sloppy when made to say the least.  They would be fine if someone just wanted one that was broken or missing, but none of them were up to par with the quality of this particular restoration.

Wanting something much nicer and of better quality instead of using one of them I decided to start making them here.  They are being made from Acetyl Compolomer rods.  They are stronger than aluminum and machine nicely.  The rods come in different diameters and most of them are 12" long.  This material works nicely for a lot of things including bushings, stand offs, covers, etc.  If I need something I don't have here that this material can be used for I won't have to search for it or order it, it can just be made here in a few minutes, even if someone is here waiting.  I can see a lot of uses for this material in a lot of Wheel Horse Projects.  

Last pic shows the finished cover on the tractor.

 

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds