Big Sale Is On - UPDATED 03-26-26
The Big Sale is on but not like originally planned, it is a by appointment type of thing now. Be sure to call before you come to make sure the day isn't already full with peeps scheduled to come in, and make sure what you want is still available.
What's everybody doing?
- Geno
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator Supporter
-

Super Users
- Wheel Horse Stables Owner
Less
More
05 Oct 2026 18:03 #19170
by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Had to do a bunch of running around today. Hadn't had a haircut in over 6 months, had the Bee Gee's look going on,
hadn't been groc shopping in 2 weeks, had to go to the bank, get some McDonalds so I didn't have to cook a few lunches, dropped by the bank, do some Medicare stuff, and got some gas for the CTS and mower.
I still have to get out to pay prop + car taxes this month, renew my license, get to the chiropractor, and do a few other things this month. I'm sure the chiropractor will be several visits because I'm way overdue. It's really ruining my hermit lifestyle...
I still have to get out to pay prop + car taxes this month, renew my license, get to the chiropractor, and do a few other things this month. I'm sure the chiropractor will be several visits because I'm way overdue. It's really ruining my hermit lifestyle...
Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Geno
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator Supporter
-

Super Users
- Wheel Horse Stables Owner
06 Oct 2026 18:42 - 06 Oct 2026 18:45 #19171
by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
My friend Kevin was here last Sat so we did some other things. Someone also came on Sat and bought a single stage snow blower. One more thing out of the way, only 5 of them left for sale minus my personal one I'm keeping.
Day 1 of trying to finish up most of the Onan stuff. Spent all day looking on carts, benches, and anywhere I could think of trying to round up and blast what needs to be blasted. I got out all of the small containers to finish putting what belongs in those together. There's so much stuff and going back + forth with the Kohlers for awhile that some of it is buried under other things. Progress is being made so that's a good thing.
Today was also a nice 76 degree day outside so I also did some rearranging in the lot. The 520s are all lined up behind the other newer body style tractors like they were and all of the round hoods are dug out and easy to get to. There are 9 or so more of them out there and I think they will all be parted out next. All of the round hood stuff minus motors, transmissions, and small parts will end up inside on the lift rack/shelf with the ones already done over the past few months so parts are easy to find.
Still a lot to do. Winter is coming so I've got to get some of these things done before cold weather gets here...
Day 1 of trying to finish up most of the Onan stuff. Spent all day looking on carts, benches, and anywhere I could think of trying to round up and blast what needs to be blasted. I got out all of the small containers to finish putting what belongs in those together. There's so much stuff and going back + forth with the Kohlers for awhile that some of it is buried under other things. Progress is being made so that's a good thing.
Today was also a nice 76 degree day outside so I also did some rearranging in the lot. The 520s are all lined up behind the other newer body style tractors like they were and all of the round hoods are dug out and easy to get to. There are 9 or so more of them out there and I think they will all be parted out next. All of the round hood stuff minus motors, transmissions, and small parts will end up inside on the lift rack/shelf with the ones already done over the past few months so parts are easy to find.
Still a lot to do. Winter is coming so I've got to get some of these things done before cold weather gets here...
Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 06 Oct 2026 18:45 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Geno
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator Supporter
-

Super Users
- Wheel Horse Stables Owner
08 Oct 2026 18:48 #19172
by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Finished the wiring on the new engine tester this morning minus the main hot + ground cables. Didn't get pics yet but will soon, it's gonna be a really nice addition around here.
Did a lot of moving things around this morning getting everything round hood sheet metal related on the 4 post lift/shelf. After that we started on the last 9 round hoods to part out. They've only spent 1 Winter outside so they need to get done by next week. 1 of them was finished today including the lift handle apart (forgot before pics), the 2nd one is close to done and the lift handle, all the roll pins, and the clutch rod is out of that one also. The lift handle is the very worst part of the job.
Slowly but surely things are getting done and tons of Wheel Horse parts are getting saved.
Did a lot of moving things around this morning getting everything round hood sheet metal related on the 4 post lift/shelf. After that we started on the last 9 round hoods to part out. They've only spent 1 Winter outside so they need to get done by next week. 1 of them was finished today including the lift handle apart (forgot before pics), the 2nd one is close to done and the lift handle, all the roll pins, and the clutch rod is out of that one also. The lift handle is the very worst part of the job.
Slowly but surely things are getting done and tons of Wheel Horse parts are getting saved.
Welcome to the Stables!
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Geno
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator Supporter
-

Super Users
- Wheel Horse Stables Owner
09 Oct 2026 19:06 - 09 Oct 2026 19:07 #19173
by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
The 2nd one from yesterday is being real difficult. It's all apart minus the right stirrup + clutch pedal. It was heated several times today and is barely moving but eventually I think we'll get it. There are some pics of the round hoods left outside, 2 of them were brought in the shop this evening because tomorrow is supposed to be rain + less than 70 degrees. That's freezing cold for me...
There are still 62 tractors outside. My neighbor pulled the seats off of every one today. A few are good but most are being scrapped so that's some more bad stuff gone. All of the brackets, springs, etc were taken apart and put up in the shop on a seat pallet where they belong today.
I got to spend some more time blasting today. I had to widen the holes just a tiny bit on the mill for the plate to block off the Kohler engines + carbs for blasting but it worked out good. 7 of them were milled on the bottom, capped up, then blasted, they look like new. The 8th one has the throttle + choke rods stuck so it has to be freed up and torn down to see if I can save it. Hopefully it can be saved, we'll see...
There are still 62 tractors outside. My neighbor pulled the seats off of every one today. A few are good but most are being scrapped so that's some more bad stuff gone. All of the brackets, springs, etc were taken apart and put up in the shop on a seat pallet where they belong today.
I got to spend some more time blasting today. I had to widen the holes just a tiny bit on the mill for the plate to block off the Kohler engines + carbs for blasting but it worked out good. 7 of them were milled on the bottom, capped up, then blasted, they look like new. The 8th one has the throttle + choke rods stuck so it has to be freed up and torn down to see if I can save it. Hopefully it can be saved, we'll see...
Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 09 Oct 2026 19:07 by Geno.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds